Persons with Disabilities in Bhutan will actively and equitably participate in socio-economic development of the country and live a fulfilling life.
To ensure young Persons with Disabilities in Bhutan have quality opportunities for developing skills for life and vocation, and for becoming self-reliant, make a living and lead a contended life overcoming barriers created gender or other differences.
- Draktsho will be a centre of excellence in Bhutan providing state of the art training and supportive services for vocational training, employment and quality living for persons with disabilities.
- Draktsho will work with all different kinds of special needs, with special focus on persons with intellectual impairments.
- Draktsho will be proactive in promoting equal work opportunities for persons with special needs keeping in view the employment scenario for youth in Bhutan.
- Draktsho will be a model activity based program, generating concepts and methods for promoting employment for persons with special needs that can be adopted by similar services in urban and rural areas of Bhutan.
- Draktsho will develop as a facilitator and a technical resource base for promoting employment of persons with special needs.
- To provide training in life skills including basic literacy and numeracy to persons with special needs for enabling them to cope with their daily life needs in present and future
- To equip trainees with special needs with vocational and work skills as preparation for sheltered, open or self-employment
- To facilitate the trainees with special needs secure work with dignity
- To initiate dialogue, build collaborations and networks with different stakeholders (government, industry, institutions etc) for actively promoting equal opportunities for people with special needs
- To organize parent support and community outreach program for raising awareness and generating support for inclusion of persons with special needs
- To conduct training, research and documentation for building human resources, supporting innovative actions and generating resource material and data for supporting quality services and advocacy